My Everyday Eye Shadow

Ok let me preface this by saying I am horrendous at taking a picture of myself and I felt like a HUGE tool trying to do it. I just can’t seem to master it!

Anyway, I love makeup. Everything about it I love. I always think I should have gone into cosmetology, but I just never did! I did my own makeup for my wedding as well as several friend’s and family members wedding day makeup over the last years! Its just something I love. I am not a really creative person so I guess you could say its my own version of a creative outlet.

With that said though, I typically wear the same eye makeup every day. Of course for special occasions I totally doll it up, but for every day, its my go-to eye makeup that I love.

Its neutral, classic, but gives you a “put together” look. Thought I would share with you what I use and some less expensive alternatives!

My go-to eye shadow is Bare Minerals Queen Tiffany. $14.00
Can be purchased here

I apply Queen Tiffany all over my lid. Most of the time, I apply it a little heavier in the crease creating a natural looking dimension!

For the brow bone, as I call it, to create a sort of “lift” for the eye lid, I use Bare Minerals Queen Phyllis. $14.00

Whats great about this, is days where I want to look very natural, I just do a quick sweep over my whole lid. Just enough shimmer to make me look awake and fresh, but not enough to make me look like I belong in the late 90’s! Purchase it here

I did find some alternatives if the $14 isn’t in your budget, if you want to try something different, or if you are brand particular!

Top row, L-R: Bare Minerals Queen Tiffany, $14.00

MAC, Tempting, $15.00. Purchase here

L’Oreal HIP in Darling, $7.14. Target

Bottom row, L-R: Elf, Driftwood, $1.00, Target

Elf Wheat (for a lighter version), $1.00, Target (can’t beat that!!)

Brow Bone alternatives, L-R

Bare Minerals Queen Phyllis, $14.00

L’Oreal HIP, Precious (color on the left), $7.14, Target

Elf Ivory, $1.00 (Target)

I even purchased the Elf compact for another $1.00 to put my Elf shades! Can’t beat a whole new makeup look for $4.00!

Going back to what I said earlier, I am horrendous at taking pics of myself! Plus, this angle makes me look like I am making a fishface. I swear I am not! Consider it your laugh for the day 🙂 But here is what Bare Minerals Queen Tiffany looks like on me!

My lashes I am SO particular about. I included this on my Must Haves page. I have been a faithful user for the last 7 years. I have tried, from time to time, other brands and ALWAYS go back to this!

Cover Girl Lash Blast in Black. Can’t say enough great things about it and is perfect to polish off the look!

Enjoy! If you have any questions just let me know! Happy makeup shopping!!

1. Vanilla and Lime
    July 25, 2012 / 12:32 pm

I've never used Bare Minerals but love those colours especially for everyday wear, might give them a try.- Sam

July 25, 2012 / 5:57 pm

Definitely try it! It lasts a long time and stays on really well 🙂 Have a great day!Rebecca

2. Jenny Bardsley
    July 25, 2012 / 2:11 pm

Hi! I just started following you on FB and now your blog! I love makeup too as you can see on my own blog at http://www.cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com I am also a big fan of Bare Minerals and have used Queen Tiffany or Phyllis (don't remember which queen..lol) myself. Great post!

July 25, 2012 / 5:58 pm

Yay! Thanks for following…stopped by your blog as well 🙂 Keep in touch!Rebecca

3. pretty little things
    July 25, 2012 / 3:10 pm

your eye make looks great here! xohttp://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

July 25, 2012 / 6:00 pm

Thanks! I recommend it to everyone! Thanks for stopping by 🙂 Rebecca

4. Niki
    July 25, 2012 / 11:04 pm

I am terrible at taking pictures of myself too, but you did a great job! You look gorgeous! I have those same bare minerals shadows – aren't they great???

July 26, 2012 / 2:56 am

Thank you!! 🙂 I looooove Bare Minerals….The foundation is awesome too!! I've converted many friends! Thanks for stopping by… In love with your blog-been following a good bit! Rebecca

5. Anna Z
    August 31, 2012 / 12:10 am

Do you use Bare Minerals skin makeup (foundation, concealer) too? If so I'm curious what you think about it… I use Maybelline mineral power powder foundation but I have been thinking of switching, but not sure its really worth all the hype and price!

August 31, 2012 / 12:20 am

Yep I do! I have been using it since 2005 and LOVE it. Yes its more expensive, but it lasts a long time because you don't need to use a lot at once. I recommed it to everyone! I also think if you buy it online and don't like it you can return it too!! If you have any other questions let me know! 🙂