Welcome into my world dry shampoo. A.Maze.Zing. Love it. Obsessed with it. Can't get enough of it. Its perfect for those lazy, tired days. Not to mention, its actually better to not wash your hair every day.
I attempted three different dry shampoos, all available at Target (and other similar places like Target). I tried Tressemme, Suave, and Dove.
I purchased this at Target, under $5.00
Ok I only had a brief encounter with this, because the whole can leaked. Yes, leaked. Everywhere. I grabbed it out of my cabinet to use it, and while getting smacked in the face with the scent of it realized it leaked all over the place. I will say this though-
1. Pro- it didn't go on as gray/white looking as others.
2. Pro- the price. Can't beat under five bucks.
3. Con- it smelled like my grandmother's hair spray. Think Aquanet. I really, really did not like the smell at all.
4. Con- the leaking can. Really? Come on....
5. Pro- like most or all dry shampoos it has a continuous spray nozzle which makes it so much easier to use.
Purchased at Target, $5.29.
1. Pro- price.
2. Pro/con- smell. Its not as bad as the Dove, but not the best smelling (to me).
3. Pro- Sprays on easily
4. Pro-It takes the oily-ness out of my hair. I can rely on it to get me through another day without looking gross.
5. Con- After you spray it onto your hair, per the directions, you have to wait a minute or two until you use a brush to comb through your hair. Anything that requires me to add a few more minutes to my daily routine gets a con in my book.
6. Con- Does have a white-ish/gray-ish tint to it, so you have to be careful that you thoroughly work the product through your hair.
7. Pro- adds some texture to my hair.
Purchased at Target, $2.49 (online price)
1. Pro- price (just like all the others)
2. Pro- smell. I liked the smell of this the best. Its like a fruity delicious scent and I enjoy it!
3. Pro- you don't have to wait a minute or two once you spray it onto your hair. Spray and comb through. The fact that I don't have to wait at all is a bonus.
4. Pro- you don't have to comb it through your hair with a comb or brush. You can use your fingers...awesome! Sometimes I feel like my own fingers and hands work better than an actual brush.
5. Pro- it adds texture to my hair. I think it helped with volume and made it feel less weighed down.
6. Con- spray is gray/white so you have to be careful to thoroughly work the product into your hair.
7. Con- at a certain point in the day I felt as though it may have contributed to my hair being a little knotty.
Ok, so there you have three (or maybe two and a half) dry shampoos that I have tried. I think, overall, I liked the Suave the best. It seemed to do the trick and saved me the most time (and money!).
Keep in mind though, I am no expert when it comes to this kind of stuff....I am just a gal trying to save a few extra minutes but still look good. Its strictly my unpaid, unbiased opinion!
Moral of the story? Keep your hair healthier by skipping a wash or two AND sleep in a few extra minutes and grab some dry shampoo....Suave Dry Shampoo!