Sometimes I have a mental panic when I randomly think, “omg I have no clue what I am going to write about for my next post!” Its not like I really plan these out. I mean I have a few ideas written down in my hand dandy notebook but those are ones that I can’t just bang out quickly (like testing out dry shampoos…coming soon!). Just as quickly as I panic, I miraculously discover something to write about.
That is how this post was born….
As I was rooting through my purse the other day I was thinking to myself how there are certain things I always have to have with me. Always. Then I thought “hey! most women probably could benefit from always having these things on them too!” and “hey! I bet the inside of my purse looks a lot like other womens!” Wow I just noticed that I start a lot of my thoughts with “hey!” Guess thats my way of getting my attention?!?!?!
Target, a couple years ago. (Oh and Ryan (my husband), if you are reading this, take note of how I DO use all of my purses, which justifies every time I buy a new one….because I get my use out of it. Just sayin…I mean this one is two years old and I still use it…)
To me a big purse is essential. Even before I was a Mommy I still always needed a big purse. Its just in my nature I guess! Now on to the goodies inside…
Every woman shouldn’t leave home without….
1. Sunglasses. I happen to have three for some reason. The top pair, Target Aviators $19.99. Middle Pair, Tory Burch, Christmas present from my husband. The black pair, Target. $19.99. (If you haven’t noticed, I love Target shades….cheap and cute! Even on a cloudy day and especially on a tired looking day, sunglasses are my bf.
2. Lotion. Any type of lotion. Always a must. Perfect for a quick refresher mid day. Even if its a small tube of lotion keep it on you!
3. Crumpled receipts. This should be number one on my list. You never know when you will need that receipt from your lunch at Chipotle four months ago. That, or you never know when you will need something to put your flavorless chewed gum in. Guarantee that I have, in every single one of my purses, several crumpled receipts. If you don’t have any in your purse you should get on that.
4. A mini notebook. My pink blogging notebook is great. Anytime inspiration grabs me I write it down. Otherwise, I would forget it. Its never a bad thing to carry one even if you don’t need it for blogging ideas like me- how about to-do lists? Grocery lists? Get one in your favorite color!
5. A book. I have a Nook color, but I can’t read it outside because of the glare and everything. Hence, the actual book. Plus, sometimes its just refreshing to read an actual book. I always like to have a book or my Nook on me. You never know when you are going to be stuck waiting for someone or something! Why not kill the time with some reading?
6. Tylenol. Enough said 🙂
7. Some type of mini purse to hold essentials like lipsticks and lipgloss. Mine is the Mini LuLu clutch by Blair Ritchey. Sometimes I even use this as my purse when I am out and about without my daughter. Check out Blair’s collection here. I’ll show you what my essentials inside my clutch are in a few….I am sure you are dying to know 🙂
8. The last two items are mainly for me- coupons to my custard shop and a cute pink business card holder. Never know when opportunity will strike!
Now on to the fun stuff…what exactly is a must for me inside my Lulu clutch, and should be for you too?
1. Plain old boring chapstick. A must for all women (and men too, I think). Period.
2. Carmex (for me) because its addicting.
Let me preface the next several by saying I personally like to have a nude lip color and a bold one. Never know what your mood will be throughout the day!
3. Lorac lipgloss in Vintage and lipstick in Nude Scene. The PERFECT nude color. Available at Ulta.
4. Bare Minerals lipgloss in Pomegranate. Purchase here
5. Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm in Gothic. I love a good lipstain for the days I am too lazy to reapply. Available at drugtores.
You didn’t actually think those were those ONLY lip color’s I carry on me, did you? Please….Here are the rest. I use them from time to time, but just can’t get rid of them. Plus, every woman MUST have options!!
I do think I should give Burts Bees a shout out though. Its pretty awesome. Their tinted lip balm is the balm. Get it? hahahahahaha. I am so not funny…
Lastly, my wallet. Obvi everyone needs this. This one in particular is awesome because it holds everything. Everything!!! Its hard to find a good wallet that holds all of your credit cards, old receipts (and as we learned from earlier, they are a must), gift cards and a shit ton of change. This, my friends, is the perfect wallet.
This wallet is the Rachel by Hobo. You can check it out here and see the inside. Yeah, its pricey, but its so durable and something I intend to keep for quite some time.
Whats in your purse? Any must have or essentials that I missed or should have in my purse?!?!