So I have been dying to try the whole sock bun thing. I haven't always been that creative when it comes to my hair- let me just preface this whole post with that.
One day when I was in H&M, I stumbled on this funny looking thing....
Like most directions for a sock bun, you do the following....
1. Put your hair in a ponytail at your desired length.
2. Pull your hair through the hole.
3. Starting at the very end of your hair, roll the dish scrubber down towards your head, making sure to securly wrap your hair around it.
4. I know, these directions are totally awesome.
5. Google how to do a sock bun and you will get lots of easy step by step directions or videos. I found some good ones here, and here. They use an actual sock too so you can see how thats done also.
Because I have some layers, its hard for me to get all of my hair tucked- I usually just wait until the very end to tuck it all and spread it out evenly so you can't see this contraption in my hair. Bobby pins are pretty handy as well.
What I like about it as opposed to using an actual sock, is that the texture of it gives a little bit of friction which allows the hair to stay in place easier. Here are a few pics of the end result...
You bet I am taking these pics of myself. In my office. Why? Because I am a total pro photographer.
And yes, I finally was able to get my hands on the perfect denim vest. Old Navy. Go check it out.
So there you have it. The sock bun. Or pot and pan scrubber bun. Whichever you prefer to call it. It really is a fool proof accessory to give you a different look. For me, its perfect for days I don't feel like doing my hair, or in between shampoos. Try it out!
Have any other tips for the perfect bun? Let me know!