There are probably some things that I know I will have in my fall wardrobe but may not be on the "it" list in the fashion world. Who cares. Make your wardrobe y our own!
Ok...here goes. First things first:
1. Ikat. I am in love with ikat. I think its such an authentic print that can add to any outfit. You can get an ikat print skirt, shirt, or something as simple as a scarf. My fave is a scarf...check it out...
You can find a scarf similar to that at American Eagle, only $24.95! Purchase it here. Pair this scarf with a basic t shirt, skinnies and flats or throw it on with a T and cardi and you've got a great look!
2. Although this really isn't anything new, you MUST have a basic blazer. I have several in different colors, from black, tan, navy blue, to striped. Its something that can be casual AND dressy. I love to throw it over a dress for a work meeting, but then wear it with a pair of jeggings and heels or flats over a print top or fitted T for a quick weekend outfit.
Seriously, I wear the shit out of them and love every minute of it. Its sort of my go-to outfit when all else fails!
This is also something that you may want to invest in. It can be worn so much and so many different ways (and for several seasons), you will get your money's worth. I always think you should have a few expensive pieces in your closet that you know you will wear and wear and wear. They will last that much longer.
Express Blazer $98.00
You might be thinking this is too business like or too dressy. Don't worry. Take away the button up and the dress pants and you have a diverse piece! Here is another look of an outfit that I put together at Polyvore. See how casual but cute it can be? I know I paired flats with it (pregnancy mind/brain) but throw on a pair of heels and the whole look is changed!
3. Brown riding boots. A must. I know, like the blazer, this is something that is a must every fall. But seriously, brown riding boots are timeless. They are comfortably chic. The ones I wear just about all the time are from Target. They don't have them anymore but the pair below are similar...
Target Mossimo Karie Flat Boot, $34.99
Chinese Laundy New Capture, $119.00 at Zappos
My absolute dream pair...Tory Birch Amanda Riding Boot
4. Leather. Yes, leather. Don't freak out though because leather can come in all different forms. I'll give you a few options just in case your aren't the type of person that would want to go all out.
1. Emily D Vegan Leather Leggings, Urban Outfitters, $68.00
2. This shirt.....oh this shirt! I. Want. Now. Nicole Richie for Macy's. Not available yet, but coming soon! Its perfect for those of you that don't want leather overload. Its a basic lace tee with leather sleeves. Amazeballs.
Want to keep it basic? Classic leather pump. Purchase this Aldo Wagaman Pump here for $80.00
This is a less expensive option for your leather fix. Payless, on sale for $24.99
This last item is just my own personal lust. I guess you could say its on my wish list. Can't wait to call one my very own....ladies and
gents. ladies.....the leather peplum. I found a gorgeous one at Urban Outfitters.
I am excited for this top for many reasons. Mainly, to pair it with a pencil skirt or some skinnies. Yes, please!!
5. Oxblood. Or, burgundy. But for some reason I like saying oxblood way better :) I mean, who wouldn't want a little oxblood in their wardrobe, right? I think it makes me sound tough...."Yeah thats right I wear oxblood.." Ok maybe not, but anyway....it is an "it" color this fall.
When you reach for your standard beige or navy in your closet- rethink your outfit. Try the burgundy.
I am loving this top...its so casual AND it has the perfect leather pocket detail. Two must haves in one!
Cords are another thing I have been seeing a lot of. I love how fall-ish they look. Like the color but not too, too much? Try shoes or an accessory. It is such a dark, saturated shade that maybe it isn't for everyone!
Just purchased this color at Target for the fall. Essie, Skirting the Issue. Again, not ready to wear a lot of burgundy? Try something as simple as painting your nails.
How to Wear Fall Must Haves
Check out the pieces here
Outfit details here
Check out the details here
Check out where to purchase these items here
Now I am bringing out the former teacher in me...let's review, students!! This fall...you gotta get:
3. Brown riding boots
Don't be afraid to use your creativity and use what you already have in your closet to add to these five suggestions. Plus, these items are pretty basic and universal so you should be able to find them at all price points.
Stay tuned for my Fall Look Book Part II. Lots of more must haves for the upcoming season!!