Wear Plaid and Laugh at Yourself

So its Monday. And to boot its the day before my almost 7 week old starts day care. Boo. Not cool. So the solution? Put on a cute outfit and some makeup to give me a little extra kick in my step!

I really am a firm believer that if you feel crappy, just get all dolled up and you will feel better!!

Todays outfit includes the amazing military vest from Old Navy that I seem to see all over the blogging world. If you haven’t gotten a chance to get it yet, do it! Its amazing and goes with everything. Love it! I would almost consider it a staple in my closet now!

Here is what I paired it with…

Even though there is a drawstring on the inside that allows you to cinch the waist, I love pairing a belt with it. Gives you a little more definition and makes it not so frumpy.

Let me tell you….I feel like a tool when my husband and I are outside and he is snapping away like I am some model (far from it). I feel even more like one when I am taking the pics of myself. You know what I feel like? A 17 year old girl that stands in front of the mirror, takes a pic of herself making a kissy face then posts it on facebook. Hahahahahaha.  Always good for a laugh 🙂 You always have to be able to laugh at yourself…I sure do.  So on top of looking weird taking pics of myself outside, I am laughing out loud. My neighbors probably think I am cray cray.

OUTFIT DETAILS:

Vest: Old Navy

Belt: Gap

Top: Old Navy

Scarf: Target

Flats: Target

Arm Candy: MK watch, Stella & Dot

Jeans: Gap Legging Jean

Shades: Target

Happy Monday…and seriously, if you feel yucky, just add some makeup and a cute outfit and you’ll feel better. Plus, laugh at yourself. I always laugh at myself. Always!!

Linking up today with YOLO and Monday Meet Up! Grab the button on my sidebar and join in!

1. Alisa Marie
    November 5, 2012 / 7:53 pm

Okay – I've seen that vest at Old Navy, definitely going to get it now. So cute! I got an email that they are doing 25% off everything today, so I need to order it 🙂

November 8, 2012 / 2:28 pm

You have to get it!! Its the best. I am obsessed with it!

2. Kenzie Smith
    November 6, 2012 / 2:00 am

Totally cute outfit! I adore plaid (:xoxoKenzie

November 8, 2012 / 2:28 pm

Thanks…I am slowly starting to love plaid more and more!

November 6, 2012 / 3:53 am

Love that Old Navy vest! Looks great with plaid too!~Jessicahttp://jeansandateacup.blogspot.com/

4. Amy @ Not Your Average Baby Blog
    November 7, 2012 / 12:32 am

Uuuummm, let's be best friends. You are so cute! I love, love that studded wrap bracelet. Stella & Dot is the best. I love that you own a custard shop (so delicious), and that you said in your "about" that you wish you were a makeup artist/personal shopper. I was thinking the EXACT same thing so now I'm taking makeup classes! Maybe personal shopping will be in my future, who knows. My goal is to always have a fun job ; ) Following you now! Found you from Living in Yellow!

November 8, 2012 / 2:35 pm

That is so awesome! Good for you…I just need to find the time and I would be all on it! I'd love to personal shop but in good old York, PA there really isn't a demand for it (just custard!)! Blah! And your blog is my new obsession (in a non creepy way!!)Rebecca

November 7, 2012 / 4:14 am

The good news is you look fabulous! I have been eyeing the plaid shirt at Old Navy and I think I'm definitely going to have to buy it now especially since I also have that ON vest :)xo,LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

November 8, 2012 / 2:38 pm

Go get it! Its so comfy! And they have a bunch of different ones too!!

6. Kate @ Daffodils
    November 7, 2012 / 4:26 am

New to your blog and I couldn't agree more. I am at stay at home mom to two boys and one of the few in dresses at the playgroud. I know it puts a little more spring into my step!

November 8, 2012 / 2:41 pm

I'd be right there with you at the playground. I am that mom that is overdressed for chasing my daughter around the playground! But hey- at least we have a kick in our step and look good while running around!! 🙂 PS- you have an adorable family!