Sequins and Weird Jeans

Ok let me start off by saying I hate jeans that have what I call a “fake fade.” You know which ones I mean, right?

source

You know…those ones. The ones you see and you are like…no way have you worn those so many times that they are naturally worn in and faded like that. I just really can’t stand them. Which brings me to my outfit from the weekend. No seriously…it does.

I was, what you would call, a waste of space this weekend. Didn’t do much that amounted to anything, and honestly, it was pretty awesome. I love weekends like those every now and then. I  did  though get dressed and out the door for church on Sunday. This is where the fake fade jeans come in.

As you know, I had a baby in September and along with that gorgeous little Charlotte came a boatload of weight. Woo. Hoo. So in my attempt to lose the baby weight, I don’t want to keep spending $70 for pair after pair of jeans while I am shrinking and shrinking day by day (or month by month is more like it). In comes my Mossimo jeans from Target. Usually I am a fan. Inexpensive jeans, comfortable. Get the job done. Then, I saw my outfit pics….

Can we talk about whats going on from my knees to my thighs?? (which, by the way, happen to be one of my LEAST favorite parts of my body…why not accentuate them?!?!). Its the fake fade. How did I not see this? Why did my husband not tell me before we left the house?!?! Why didn’t anyone at church, being the good Christians that they are, not tell me?!?!?!?! (Oh right, probably because that days sermon was about not judging others…duh) Instead, I walked around all day with these ridiculous jeans on. Maybe its not as bad as I am making them out to be…right? Right? Maybe?

Bad jeans aside though, I was excited to wear this shirt. I got it on sale…no way was I paying full price ($80) for it. Neiman Marcus, you are awesome, but seriously…$80 for a shirt at Target? Don’t think so. I even think I could have gotten away with getting a size smaller, which kind of makes me do a little cart wheel in my faded jeans!

Once again, wasn’t sure how to wear it but knew I wanted it…like all my other clothes, it was laying on the floor next to my leopard flats….why not?!?! Another accidental pairing, just like this outfit.

Outfit Details:

Shirt: Neiman Marcus for Target

Jeans: Target

Jacket: H & M (old)

Shoes: Target (old)

Bracelets: Stella and Dot, Groop Dealz

Watch: MK

Lastly, if you could be so kind as to take a second ( I will have you know that I had to retype the word “second” several times because I kept typing “sexond.” Guess its on my mind!) and vote for my blog. I have found this to be an awesome outlet for me and something I have grown very passionate about. I would be honored to remain in the top 25 at Circle of Moms! You can vote every 24 hours until the 23rd! Vote HERE!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!

Today I am linking up with these beautiful ladies: Sami  and Leeann for Weekend Update and Molly  and Carly for YOLO! Take a look at their awesome blogs and link up!

Have a great Monday!

1. smk053078
    January 14, 2013 / 5:15 pm

You are too hard in yourself. I think you look fab!! And LOVE that you paired the leopard with the sequins!! Yay for waiting for that shirt to go on sale!!! Too fun about the sex comment. LOL!!

January 15, 2013 / 6:29 pm

Hahaha I know…I am my own worst critic!! I will pair leopard with anything (its sort of like the clothes version of Ranch dressing…I'll put it with anything!). Well now if that wasn't the weirdest comparison in the world…hahahahaha!

2. Because of Jackie
    January 14, 2013 / 6:24 pm

The same thing happened to me with Target jeans! I THOUGHT I had bought skinny, dark wash jeans. I ended up with horrific "whiskering" radiating from my crotch:) LOVE the shirt and jacket, you look amazing!

January 15, 2013 / 6:29 pm

Oh that whiskering! I can picture it!! Thank you 🙂

3. still being [molly]
    January 14, 2013 / 6:25 pm

i'm with shanna – you're too hard on yourself. i think that shirt and that coat are GORGEOUS on you and i LOVE the leopard flats with this!! so pretty!!

January 15, 2013 / 6:30 pm

Thanks, Molly 🙂 I appreciate it! I know I'm hard on myself- aren't we all! (which is why I totally related to your self esteem/image post you did a few months ago, which I still think about from time to time)!

4. Leeann @ Join the Gossip
    January 14, 2013 / 8:08 pm

I think you look amazing! And the fade isn't so drastic that it looks bad. I am all about saving money and if you're just wearing them as transition jeans, you can rock 'em!Thanks for linking up!P.S. I voted for you 🙂

January 15, 2013 / 6:31 pm

Yay!! Thank you SO much!! I went to put the jeans back on this morning and just couldn't do it! hahahaha! But so true- they are only transition jeans so they sort of are worth it to save the money!

January 14, 2013 / 8:48 pm

Haha…I never thought about the "fake fade". It's not that noticeable in your jeans though. I like the sequin top….but glad you got it on sale!~JessicaJeans and a Teacup

January 15, 2013 / 6:31 pm

I think of weird things like that! Oh the things that go through my mind!!

January 15, 2013 / 12:11 am

I love the shirt! I think the jeans look fine, sometimes I make things out to be worse then they really look- you look beautiful so embrace it!LindsayLindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

January 15, 2013 / 6:32 pm

Well thanks, dear 🙂 My husband didn't know what the big deal was, but he is a dude so its good to hear from another fashionista!!

7. Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos
    January 15, 2013 / 4:55 pm

Oh you crack me up. I have had similar experiences where I'm wearing what I think is an awesome outfit then I see the pics and ask, "What was I thinking?!?" (ahem, like the time I tried a paperbag waist on some trousers… not good!) But Doll, you look incredible! That top is stunning. 🙂

January 15, 2013 / 6:33 pm

Thanks, gal 🙂 I swear a camera changes everything- just like dressing room mirrors!