After being at the beach a few days last week, I sort of discovered there are always several things that are a must in your beach bag, regardless of whether or not you are a mother and whether or not you are headed to the pool or the beach! Let me break it down for you….
2. Hair ties: I have grown fond of these knotted hair ties. I feel like they are less harsh on my hair and don’t pull my hair out when I am removing them. Plus they are so cute and stylish. Ella also uses them so that is an added plus!
3. Wide Tooth Comb: Perfect for combing through the knots after you decide to go for a dip in the pool to cool off!
4. Leave in Conditioner: for obvious reasons! You don’t want the sun, sand, and chlorine to damage the tresses!
5. Your Kindle or Nook…gotta squeeze in a good summer book! They look even cuter with a fab cover, like this one from Etsy. (My absolute favorite authors that have new books out are Mary Kay Andrews, Elin Hildebrand, Jennifer Weiner)
6. Simple earrings. I never can quite understand all of the celebrities that are in their bathing suits and then layers and layers of jewelry. A necklace or bracelet here and there, but a whole arm party? No thanks. I love these Tiffany & Co bead earrings. I have had them for years and love their timeless, classic, and effortless style.
7. Always love a good Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen! They’ve always been my fave!
8. My lips can be pretty sensitive to the sun, so I have been relying on Carmina Christina’s Vitamin C Lip Treatment. It’s amazing, feels great, and has SPF 15! I will be elaborating more on how awesome this is at the beginning of August for my next Susquehanna Style magazine post!
What about you? What are your beach/pool bag essentials?
See you back here tomorrow for this week’s Hollywood to Housewife!