This is hard! When I read Whitney's post and Samantha's post yesterday I was totally inspired. They wrote amazing posts about loving yourself, and how it's ok to have self confidence, and basically we all have things about ourselves that we should love. Why not, right?
So, I am taking the lead from Samantha (aka stealing her idea) and sharing with you all ten things I like about myself. Soooooo, here goes. And keep in mind that I am my own worst critic (see here), judge myself like no other, and am working on accepting myself just they way I am every day!
1. I am great at giving advice (at least I think I am). For the most part, I try to see the logical and rational point of view. I love helping my friends :)
2. I have a good sense of style. I mean, if I didn't I wouldn't have this blog, correct? I've always prided myself on the fact that my friends would ask to borrow my clothes in college, or come to me now for fashion advice!
3. I am damn good at playing Guesstures, Catch Phrase, any games that require humming, acting out, giving clues, I rock. I must say though that without my usual partners (Jess and Nikki I am talking about you) I don't know if I would be as good! Really though, my husband has never won against me. Never. :)
4. I like my lips. I think they are honestly perfect the way they are. They aren't too thin, but not too full that people are like "what the heck is up with her lips?" I wouldn't change a thing about them!
5. I have a good sense of humor. I laugh a lot, at a lot of things (sometimes when I shouldn't), usually at the expense of myself, and I am ok with that! I try to find humor in a lot of things!
6. I am a good Mommy. I am not the best, but I do a pretty great job. Every day is a learning experience, because every day my girls do or say something that I never dealt with before (good and bad), so I just learn from it and move forward! Overall though, I am doing an awesome job!
7. I am living my dream. Never in a million years did I think I would be, but I am. When I graduated from college in 2004 I had no clue what I would really be doing- teacher to business owner to blogger. But here I am, living my dream "working" so to speak in fashion- and you know what? Living my dream is getting better and better with Elizabeth and West (I will share more about that awesomeness next week!!). Who knew I had the balls to actually live my dream?
Sketch by Blair Ritchey
8. I am a good listener. I think this kind of goes hand in hand with giving advice, but I take the time to listen. I think its super important as a good friend, wife, daughter, co worker, etc. that you are a good listener. It shows you care, and shows you are invested in the relationship.
9. The older I get, the more and more I try to accept myself the way I am. It is a total work in progress every single day, but I am trying, which is more than I can say for myself ten years ago!
10. I am a pretty caring/emotional person, which some would say isn't always the best (being so emotional), but I just can't help it. I think it allows me to be more understanding towards others, the situation, whatever it may be. Yeah there are times (a lot) where I sob at a commercial, and I'm like "get your shit together!" but at the end of the day, I think being emotional makes me a better person!
So what about you? What are things you love about yourself? I think we all need to take some time every now and then and remember the things we love about ourselves!
Before you go, head on over to CupcakeMag where I am a contributor with other fabulous ladies, and check out my post this week- a breakdown of must have wardrobe essentials for all Mommy's out there!