I wouldn’t necessarily classify myself as a “shoe” person. I am sure my husband would disagree, but more often than not you’ll find me spending money on clothes and not really shoes.
Lately, though I haven’t been able to get enough of shoes! I do tend to get new shoes here and there when a new season rolls around. This season though, I find myself really diving into giving my shoe wardrobe a complete overhaul.
1. Metallic Copper Birkenstock: I have a white and brown pair (Target versions) from two years ago that I still wear. At the time, I didn’t want to invest in actual Birkenstocks because I wasn’t sure if they were going to stick around or not. Fast forward two years and they are still here! (I know, they never really went anywhere). I had my eye on these copper ones for a few months, and totally hesitated on getting them. Finally I decided to just go for it and get them. This is what I do when I am considering a big purchase–I think and think and think about it until I start to annoy myself! They only had narrow available, but one of my readers said that their narrows actually work for regular width feet. I am supposed to get them in the mail later this week, so I will keep you posted!
2. White Converse: To me, these are a classic, closet staple. I have Converse also in black (high and low tops) and red. I have had white for a few years now, and in all honesty should have gotten a new pair last year! I figured since mine were starting to permanently look grey, I needed a new pair! For me, these run pretty true to size. I am my normal size across the board in Converse.
3. Steve Madden Lancer Sneaker: This is the thing about blogging (or just following blogs in general)-you are always wanting. I saw these on someone’s instastories-I can’t remember who-but I instantly fell in love. I have a fondness for sneakers-they have sort of become a staple of mine lately. They have totally taken over the heels in my closet! Anyway, I loved the color of these and how different they were from other slip ons that I have. They are really comfortable and I would say true to size. Not to mention, they go with so much!
4. Steve Madden Faux Pearl Sandals: These were another pair of shoes that I have had my eye on. Steve Madden can be tricky for me sometimes as far as sizing goes. I ordered my normal size but ended up returning and going up a half size. They are so much more comfortable and even look better. What I like about these is that they are neutral with a little twist. I think the pearls add a little interest to an otherwise basic pair of slide on sandals.
5. WENDY Bow Wedges: I am not sure how I feel about the whole ‘flatform’ trend, but something about these I just loved! I think it was the gingham, and the cute little bow. I am still waiting for these to come in the mail, and I am hoping that they are black/white gingham. I searched high and low to see if they were navy/white or black/white! LOL! I will keep you posted as to the fit and the color when they arrive-I can’t wait!
6. Zigi Soho Sandal: These are so fun, aren’t they?! I have a wedding and then I am headed to NYC in a little over a week, so I thought these would be a fun alternative to my basic black heels that I would normally wear. Here’s to hoping they fit well and aren’t too terribly uncomfortable!